The Alzheimer's Society is seeking people to get involved and help them lead the fight against dementia. Make a donation, sign up to one of their fundraising events, volunteer in your local area or support their campaigns (read more).
If you or someone you know are worried about or affected by dementia, the Alzheimer's Society is there for you. They have information to help you understand dementia, what to expect, and practical advice and support to help you live as well as possible with the condition. (read more).
National Dementia Helpline - 0300 222 11 22
- March 22, 2017 - Antioxidant supplements don't lower dementia risk (Fox News Health) (read article)
- January 27, 2017 - Neurological Health - New DNA-Like Drugs Show Promise in Treating Alzheimer’s - The small molecules cleared and prevented tau buildup in mice and monkeys (Scientific American) (Read article)
- Current - Alzheimer's Research & Therapy (Journal, Open Access) - Alzheimer's Research & Therapy is the major forum for translational research into Alzheimer's disease. An international peer-reviewed journal, it publishes open access basic research with a translational focus, as well as clinical trials, research into drug discovery and development, and epidemiologic studies. The journal also provides reviews, viewpoints, commentaries, debates and reports. (Read more)
- Current - Alzheimer's Research News (Johns Hopkins University) - This section contains regularly updated highlights of the news from around The Johns Hopkins University. Links to the complete news reports from the nine schools, the Applied Physics Laboratory and other centers and institutes are to the left, as are links to help news media contact the Johns Hopkins communications offices. (Read more)
- May 25, 2017 - Alzheimer's deaths jump 54 percent in US (Fox News Health) (read article)
- April 20, 2017 - Moving photos show special bond between grandpa with Alzheimer's and pet cat (Fox News Health) (read article)
- March 30, 2017 - People With Alzheimer's May Still Be "There" (Huffington Post) (read article)
- March 26, 2017 - Ex-First Minister Henry McLeish backs fight for more research into football's dementia timebomb - "The former politician and ex-professional footballer said heading the ball was like being hit with a lump of concrete..." (Daily Record) (read article)
- March 20, 2017 - Dementia Diary: "When your mother doesn't know who you are" (BBC Magazine) (read article)